“Build first a house for God and God will build one for you.” Bishop David

The Heart of Nazareth

Preserving St. Vincent de Paul Church

St. Vincent de Paul Church, as we know it today, was completed in 1854 and continues in testimony to the belief that the Eucharist and prayer are pivotal to the life of a Sister of Charity of Nazareth.

After 167 years of being cared for, it is not surprising that the beautiful church is now in need of several major repairs including the roof, ceilings, walls, and pews. Interior painting and new carpeting will be the finishing touches in a demonstration of respect for this house of God.

The costs of these major repairs are estimated at $600,000. Please join us in this major campaign and undertaking to reach our goal of raising the money needed to accomplish this renovation.

Progress towards the goal

  • 40% 40%

Please consider a donation at this time to preserve the church that has served as a source of comfort and serenity to so many.

To learn more about this campaign please call 502-348-1593.

Campaign to preserve St. Vincent de Paul Church in Nazareth

St. Vincent de Paul Church was consecrated on July 19, 1854, by Bishop Martin John Spalding of Louisville. In attendance were Mother Catherine Spalding, church dignitaries, friends and the SCN congregation.

The Church

St. Vincent Church has been and remains at the heart of the Motherhouse campus. It is here that the Sisters gather for the celebration of the Eucharist as well as for personal and communal prayer. It is here that they profess their vows, celebrate feasts, anniversaries, and funerals. It is here that Associates, relatives, friends, neighbors, and visitors are invited to share in the prayer life of the Congregation.

Almost every Sister of Charity of Nazareth has experienced a pivotal moment of their life in this sanctuary. As a partner in maintaining the future of St. Vincent de Paul Church, you honor the Congregation as a whole, those who have come before and now.